Michael Palmer’s Writing Tips
1) Relax!! — breathing, meditation before starting. Don’t take yourself too seriously.
2) Identify those passages that you are particularly fond of and
get rid of them. Those are the passages that call the readers’
attention to what a good writer you are.
3) Be fearless. Try things you know might not work.
4) Never forget that writing well and creatively is not easy. If it
were, everyone would be a bestseller.
5) Don’t get caught up in conveying how much you know on a given
subject. Rely instead on your characters’ actions and feelings to
carry the story